Tuesday, September 21, 2010

GNAC Play Begins

Posted by Lauren "Lo" Anderson, Senior Defender

This week definitely went by way too fast. We only had two days of school last week before we hit the road again to Washington for our first two conference games of my last season. In Seattle, we played SPU at their home field which is always one of the toughest atmospheres to play in the GNAC. I must say we had a killer support system backing us up in the stands to help us through our first conference challenge. I can still see the image of all the diehard fans holding huge letters that spelt GO MSUB . The new soccer scarves were definitely a big hit as well. All of the families, friends, and former players there was so great. They really added to the energy of the game. Unfortunately, we didn’t get the result we wanted, but one of the fans said at the end of the game, “we’ll get SPU on our Turf,” and I couldn’t agree more.

The next morning, Pikes Market with the team was really fun. We had some time to enjoy ourselves, move on from the loss and start to prepare ourselves for Central Washington. Saturday morning in Ellensburg, we had another great turnout of support and we stepped out onto the field and battled our way to a victory over Central Washington 2-1, coming from behind. We flew back home with a split on the weekend against two respectable opponents.

Now that I am a senior and conference has started on my last season ever, I find myself saying almost daily how strange it is that it’s all coming to an end. I spent a lot of time with the other seniors this trip and when together, I find it hard NOT to talk about how fast it went, and reminisce about so many memories we all share together. It seems crazy that as a freshman you think it will never end, and as a senior you have no idea where all the time went. I also had a small epiphany this weekend about the seniors. We are old. Not only do I envy the Freshies, and how much energy they have, it was also confirmed when I gave Sam (Senior Captain) a 15 minute hip massage. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment