Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Reflections from a Graduating Senior


Posted by Caitlin Differding, Alumni (06-09)

As I'm coming to the end of my time here at MSUB, I realize how much I have grown as a person over the last 4 years. This is largely due to the MSUB women's soccer team. As a freshman, I came in not knowing a single person and no one knew me, yet some how, within the first week of practice, we became a family. A family that stuck it out through jingle jangles, 14 hour road trips, and painful losses; a family that had each others' backs no matter what.

It's bittersweet leaving this team behind. As much as I am excited about starting a new chapter in my life, a part of me doesn't want this current chapter to end. I can honestly say that without this team, I would not be who I am today. It seems like no matter how hard things got, we managed to stick together. As much as we disliked running sprints at 7 am during the winter, there was something about knowing that the person next to you wants you to succeed just as much as they want to succeed themselves, which made getting out of bed before the sun much more bearable. I never thought it was possible to be a part of something so great with people so incredible.

As graduation nears, I look back and realize how blessed I was to be apart of something so amazing, so fun! The memories I have created with this team will stick with me forever. I have met people I will never forget, experienced things that only a few can and survived being a student-athlete. If someone asked me to do it all again, I would in a heartbeat, no doubt about it!

To the current girls on the team, I will miss you all so much, and wish you the best of luck next year. To the new girls; all I have to say is enjoy the ride....its awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment