Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer Check In


Posted by Janae Remsburg, Sophomore

Where has the summer gone!!! It’s been about a month and a half since school got out and I can barely believe it. When I decided to stay in Billings I was under the impression that it would be sunny and mid 70’s; just like it would be in California if I went home. However, the last couple of weeks I have been cooped up inside due to the abundant amount of rain and wind. Finally this weekend’s forecast was perfect and I intended to enjoy the weather.

I was able to go outside and the best time I have had all summer occurred in the sunny hills of Shepherd. For the first time in my life, I rode a horse. Being from California, the opportunities to show my inner cow girl were slim to none. So I finally mounted my horse and at a snail's pace walked into the distance, mainly because they gave me a 27 year old horse that was slower than a rock for my first ride. It was a wonderful experience and I cannot wait to do it again, on a faster horse however.

While I was riding horses and learning how to track deer, I keep thinking about how most of the girls were enjoying the exotic scenery of Mexico. I hope you guys had a wonderful time and I’m already waiting to see the pictures from your trip. This summer has been great so far, and maybe next weekend I’ll learn how to go fishing or shoot a gun. Have a wonderful rest of the summer and see everyone in about a month in a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment