Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer Check In


Posted by Kelley Minard, Junior

Preseason is just around the corner, one week away! Time really flew! I know I can speak for everyone when I say how excited we are to be reunited again. I have been counting the days to when I will see my teammates again and to meet the new ones that have joined the MSUB family. It's been nice to train a little with the girls that decided to come back early, and it's interesting to see that we can spend a
whole summer apart and still come together as if we just saw each other yesterday. True family, true teammates, true friends. I look forward to this preseason because it will not only tighten the bond between the upper classmen, but also extend it to the new comers experiencing their first MSUB preseason. I will never forget my first day as a freshman coming into preseason, ten sets of jingle jangles right off the bat. Needless to say, I was a little intimidated.

But days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and months finally turned into a couple years. I am a junior this year, heading into my third preseason. I was talking to a couple of my older teammates and we both agreed that even though we have been through it a couple of times, nothing can shake those preseason jitters. Emotions of anticipation, excitement and nervousness flooding in as
time grows nearer, welcoming the thoughts of pre season just around the corner. You just have to love it.

This summer was busy! Between workouts, jobs, and our co-ed team, I was always doing something. I nannied for a family with two boys. They are great kids and I enjoyed spending the summer with them. I also got to travel home a lot which was nice.

It just seems like yesterday all of us were meeting up in Mexico to celebrate the beginning of summer, and now we’re getting ready for preseason. Crazy how fast it flies. Well, I am very excited to see everyone and to conquer another preseason. :] EOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment