Monday, February 7, 2011

Igloo State

Posted by Janae Remsberg, Sophomore Midfielder from Oceanside, CA

What an extremely cold week it has been. No matter who I talk to, it always comes back to the beautiful winter weather of Montana. I was talking to my Dad the other day, who lives in California, and he thinks that pointing out to me that I play soccer in an “Igloo” state is necessary. However, being here in Billings while the thermometer reads -15, is something I do not even mind anymore, on the sole fact that I’m getting up at six and bearing the cold with seventeen girls who I love and adore.

Besides the weather, everything else has been amazing. On Wednesday the team was able to attend the signing of Kaylee Kimmet. It was an exciting moment for the Yellowjackets to see a new and upcoming player sign those papers and become an instant member of the family. It just brings back memories of two years ago being in the same exact position signing those official documents to play here. Time really does fly by, and now I understand what the seniors really were talking about.
Last but not least, the highlight of my semester thus far, has not been the amazing sprints in the morning or the exciting lifting regiment, even though those were high contenders, but the birth of Landon James Trentham. I cannot explain to everyone how cute Landon is! It was fantastic to go to the hospital and see the happy healthy Mom, Dad, and baby. I can’t wait to see him grow up, put those blue and gold colors on, and become the number one MSUB fan.

Stay warm and have a wonderful week.

Love Janae T Remsberg # 20

No comments:

Post a Comment