Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Check In


Posted by Adrienne Biglow, Sophomore

I have had a great summer so far! I can’t believe in a little over a month preseason will be in full swing. Not only that, but in three weeks many of the girls on the team are reuniting in Billings to spend some quality time together before training starts. It will be great to get the chance to kick the ball around a bit and have some running companions to help us prepare for the intensity of preseason. I am also hoping that we will be able to take a weekend trip up to Jaucelyn's cabin for a little team bonding. It seems everyone is anxious to see each other again, I sure know I am!

With the exception of our team trip to Mexico, I have spent my summer at home in Yakima, Washington. It has been so great and relaxing to be back at home for the past two months. After my sister went back to Portland at the end of May, I had to put all of my efforts toward finding a summer job. This turned out to be a bit more difficult than I expected because apparently not many businesses want to hire someone who isn't available in the month of August. However, after weeks of putting out applications I finally got hired at a local golf course. This turned out to be a perfect fit for me because when the course isn't busy I get to sit behind the desk and read! I have loved having the opportunity to catch up on my summer reading (I have already finished four books). Although I am loving the time spent at home with my family, I am getting really excited and anxious to get back to Billings to see the girls again and see what we can accomplish in the upcoming fall season!

No comments:

Post a Comment