Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer Check In


Posted by Jennifer Larsen, Sophomore

I cannot believe how fast this summer has gone by. Preseason is right around the corner and apporaching quickly! I am so excited to go back to Billings and reunite with the MSUB team and meet the incoming freshman!

At the beginning of summer, I went to Cancun with my family about 2 weeks before the team went and stayed in the same city, Playa Del Carmen. We went kayaking in the clear blue waters, played soccer on the beach, and relaxed by the pool for about a week. After we got back, I went to Regionals in New Mexico with a state team from Arizona and we made it to the quarterfinals! I have also hung out with Kristen Kastelic a few times this summer and had SO much fun! The World Cup occupied the majority of my mornings for that four week period and I am bummed that it is over already.

Jenn Brookshire is coming to my house in three days to see what Arizona is all about. We will be visiting my grandparents’ cabin in Minnesota for about a week where we will do lots of wakeboarding, skiing, tubing and enjoying the nice weather. After we get back, Jenn and I are driving up to Billings to be with the team. It has been an amazing summer for me, but I can't wait to get out of the Arizona heat and back to training with the girls again! Bring on the soccer!

No comments:

Post a Comment