Friday, June 17, 2011

Beginning of the End


Kelley Minard, Senior from Helena, MT

Hello all! Hope everyone’s summer is holding up its end of the bargain promising hot temperatures and long summer nights filled with friends, family, and fun. I can tell you that Billings, MT is finally seeing some summer weather….as of June 16. It’s been pretty crazy here with flood warnings and tornado sirens, but it finally seems to be looking up.

My summer has been quite a busy one so far. As I start my senior year of college, I find myself stressing out a little bit about venturing out into the real world. What am I going to do? Where do I want to live? Should I continue with a Masters? Should I move to Mexico and become a beach bum? It’s all coming so fast and I am not sure if I am quite ready for what the world has to offer me…..considering I haven’t quite found it yet and I am still pondering what to do with my life. Recently I have discovered an interest in realty. It seems like the perfect starting point to a career. Why not?

As of two months from now, we will be in our second day of preseason. WHOA. I need to get this out of the way…………WHOOOOOOO LAST PRESEASON EVER!!!!!! But seriously, its bittersweet. Obviously preseason isn’t the most fun thing of anyone’s summer, but the bonds that are made and the relationships that develop are worth the physical and mental rollercoaster of preseason. It’s strange to think that this time next year I won’t be doing the day to day workouts or grabbing a soccer ball every chance I can. I will officially be booted into the reality of a college graduate. YIKES.

I look forward to seeing all my teammates, new and old, and reuniting to practice and train to the best of our potential. I have missed these girls way too much to be away from them this long. With all the changes that have happened this year already, we have become stronger and will remain strong no matter what else is thrown at us. This year will be great, I can feel it. Have a good summer and enjoy the sun!

Finish Strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment