Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Check In


Tyshea Davis, Senior, Idaho Falls, ID.

Summer kicked off with a late start for good weather, but not for soccer training. This past week, I was able to work with the MSUB Men’s Soccer coach Dan McNally and some of his incoming players put on a youth day camp at our very own turf field. I had the 5-6 yr-olds, and they were such a blast! The oldest group, a U12 local travel team amazed me with some of their skills, and they could really kick the ball! One kid scored with a header every corner kick I served them in a span of 15 minutes; I was thoroughly impressed with our youth here in Billings.

Additionally, I helped with MSUB Golf in putting on a huge golf tournament fundraiser that was really great, as well. Billings own celebrity, Jeff Ballard who played for Stanford and later the Baltimore Oreoles was there, and I got to watch his sweet lefty put. Even Coach Krakowiak came out for a fun rookie game of golf :) haha.

The weather has alas been cooperating with the coinciding summer season, which is flying by. We have a sweet overnight camp coming up in August I am looking forward to helping coach, and I’m just missing all the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment