Monday, May 10, 2010

Summer Check In


Posted by Danielle Gordon, Junior

Summer has finally arrived in Billings and it was sad say goodbye for the summer, but the break will be well utilized! We will all be using the time we have to clear our minds from school and put focus toward one goal: soccer. We will make steps towards accomplishing that goal through the work we are about to put in this summer. Something I have really enjoyed about transferring to MSUB from a junior college is the change in pace and work ethic; a pace that continues year round from the girls and the coaching staff.

Transferring from a junior college has been not only a change in pace on the pitch, but also in the classroom, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. By being pushed farther in the classroom and outside in soccer, I had to make a few adjustments in my study habits to make sure I would be able to accomplish the goals that I have set for myself in school. Unfortunately, I had to cut out the late night street soccer games that my old men’s and women’s teams enjoyed on a regular basis at Iowa Western, but in the end it has made me a better all around student-athlete. It has also given me a lot of appreciation for the girls who have been here before me and put in the time and effort to make this program what it is today.

I was fortunate to play for a very good junior college program for the two years prior and have them to thank for where I am today. Now I am at MSUB with a great bunch of friends and teammates, along with a supportive yet demanding coaching staff that I know will help me keep moving forward. One thing I was nervous for was the transition, meeting a new team and fitting into a new family; but in the end everything was very easily made as all of the girls were very welcoming and made me feel right at home, especially the three girls who took me in the middle of the summer as a last minute roommate :-)

I have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to work for this summer. I cannot wait to return back to my family away from home and put together the work we have completed over the summer into an atmosphere that is set up for success. I miss all of you girls!!! And over the next couple of months let’s keep our “Eyes on the Prize!”

No comments:

Post a Comment