Monday, May 17, 2010

Summer Check In


Posted by Andrea Baytaluke, Sophomore

Summer time is a time for self reflection. It gives you the opportunity to focus on the things that you as an individual know you need to improve on. Knowing my teammates as well as I do, I know everyone is at home working hard, striving to become the best they can be for next year. We all work well together and are all great friends, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t all fight and battle for a place on the team. Whether it’s for a starting spot or to keep a starting spot, everyone has a goal they need to accomplish.

This past year as a freshman at MSUB has brought many changes for me, especially being from another country. Each change has brought out a new side of me and I am grateful for the opportunity to grow as a person, student and athlete. As a young adult, I have had to push myself as an individual on and off the soccer field. I have also been pushed by my coaches and teammates, as well as by my professors in the classroom. I have found that everyone is extremely supportive of each other and more than willing to help each other with any problems on and off the field.

With that being said, I can't wait to see the team again and miss them a ton! THUMBS UP FOR BEING REUNITED IN MEXICO in 15 DAYS YEEEEHAAAAAWW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment