Monday, July 4, 2011

Sumer Check In


Jen Larsen, Junior, Mesa AZ.

Sixty-two more days until our first regular season game, to enjoy summer, to do summer workouts. Sixty-two more days until our team reunites and is back together once again. Sixty-two days seems like a long time…but it will definitely go by fast! Half of our summer is already gone and in 62 days, our family will be back together once again, along with some new editions. I am SUPER excited to meet all of our new freshman and make them part of our MSUB family!

My summer has been quite an adventure so far! I have been studying abroad in Spain for the past 6 weeks and I am sad that I have to come home tomorrow! I have wanted to go to Spain for a long time and my wish finally came true! I stayed in Salamanca, which is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. I stayed in an apartment with a host mom, 6 other girls and a cute little dog. Although I was in class five days a week, I was able to travel on the weekends and see a lot of cool places. I saw the beaches in Portugal and Barcelona, the old architecture in Avila, the beautiful landscape of Segovia, and the museums in Toledo!

Living in Salamanca is…different. While in Salamanca, although I have enjoyed my time, I am excited to get back to the states where I fit in a little bit more! Even if I wore what the Spanish girls wore, my blonde hair and white skin still made me an outcast. Not to mention, I usually had a soccer ball in my hand and soccer cleats on my back. I thought that everyone in Spain played soccer…apparently not the girls because I got so many strange looks for being a girl with a soccer ball! I actually found a team to play with here, too…SHOCK: they were all boys. It is a little bit tougher than playing with American girls my age:).

After I leave Spain, I will just be hanging out with family and friends until preseason starts up in August! I cannot wait to be back in 704 with my roommates cooking, cleaning and having a good time. And, although I am very sad to end my summer vacations, I am very excited for the upcoming season and I can’t wait to see what we will accomplish this year. Looking forward to a great season filled with many good memories, laughs and WINS!

FINSIH STRONG <(“)

No comments:

Post a Comment