Monday, July 18, 2011

Progress


Danielle Gordon, Senior, Atkins, IA.

As I sat in the same spot that I sat in twelve years ago during the '99 Women's World Cup Final, I clenched my teeth, held my breath, and kept my eyes glued during every break away, every shot, every save, down to the final PK that determined the fate of the US team. Memories from the previous, victorious game flashed through my mind and I sat on hope that the same result would transpire. Unfortunately this was not their year to repeat history and the bitter taste of a loss will flood their senses for time to come, but all that matters now is the progression towards the next opportunity for advancement.

Progression is something that the MSUB Women's Soccer program is consistently striving for. From the beginning of the program and our first season to the very last second of the 2nd game in the NCAA Division II Tournament, fifteen years after the birth of the program, we have made progress. The upcoming season is drawing near with high expectations and the only thing that can continue the progress in an upward direction is work that has been put in throughout the history of the program and will continue to be put in for the future of the program.

I am looking forward to our team persisting and making further strides in the program this season. From the words of Benjamin Franklin: "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning."
With that being said, I look forward to progress this next season and in turn, success.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and I cannot wait to see you all here in a few weeks!!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment